Windows 8, a revolutionary operating system according to Microsoft, was officially published in 2012. Compared with previous Windows operating systems, Windows 8 improves in many aspects, especially its desktop. Windows 8 disk management tool is optimized as well; for example, it begins to support dynamic disk. Despite so many improvements, Windows 8 is still unsatisfying, because it can't realize many important partition management operations. For instance, the built-in disk management tool can not directly merge partitions on Windows 8.
Seen from the above, it is necessary to resort to other tools if we want to manage partitions well. And the powerful partition magic recommended on http://www.partitionwizard.com/ can be used.
The above is the main interface of the powerful partition magic. It has many advantages.
1. Comprehensive partition management functions: after selecting any partition, many partition management functions are shown under "Operations" column. We can also select a partition and right click mouse to check its functions.
2. High compatibility: we can also use it to carry out partition management operations on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012.
3. Simple operations: all operations are very simple. Even users having no partition management experience can accomplish operations by following software prompts. Take merging partitions on Windows 8 for example.
Merging partitions on Windows 8
1. Select any partition and click "Merge" button on toolbar, as follows.
2. Select one of the two partitions that are going to be merged and click "Next", as follows.
3. Select the other partition and click "Finish" button, as follows.
4. Back to the main interface, please click "Apply" button to execute the operation, as follows.
Merging partitions on Windows 8 has been realized with the powerful partition magic. Seen from the main interface, it also can format partition, delete partition, move/resize partition, extend partition, split partition, copy partition, align partition, change cluster size and so on. For more detailed information about each function, please visit the official website of the powerful partition magic.